Peace Haven Pool 2020 Opening Information & Guidelines
Membership Email Sent May 23, 2020
For reference here is link to NCDHHS Phase 2 Guidance for Pools & Spas
We Are Opening June 1, 2020!
Dear Peace Haven Pool Members,
Thank you so much for your trust and patience for the upcoming summer pool season. These are certainly trying times and we have had to make some hard decisions to allow everyone to have a fun summer at the pool while also keeping everyone as safe as possible.
The Board has met on a regular basis trying to decide how the 2020 pool season will look and function. As stated in our last email, we heard you loud and clear with your survey responses. As many of you know, neighborhood pools are included in Phase 2 of the guidelines for reopening the State. With that said, we feel that we can safely and responsibly open Peace Haven Pool from June 1- Sept 7, with additional hours later in September in order to extend the pool season a little longer. These extended dates would hopefully give us more time in later phases of the State’s opening process to allow more of us to gather together at the pool. In compliance with State requirements during Phase 2, pool operations will be a little different. New Rules and Operational Guidelines are outlined below.
Please take your time to read through this entire document so that you will better understand what to expect with your pool membership this year.
Sincerely, Your PHCA Board
- No guests or parties until further notice. Only members will be allowed in the pool area.
- Members will need to reserve time for their family to use the pool weekly. See below for details.
- Snack Shack will be closed until further notice.
- Water Fountain will be closed until further notice.
- Use of grills will be prohibited until further notice.
- Main shelter will be closed until further notice; hopefully reopening in Phase 3.
- No more than 2 unrelated members are allowed in the restrooms at the same time. Multiple family members can use the bathroom at the same time.
- Use of showers in the restrooms is prohibited until further notice.
- Members will not come to the pool if they or a member of their family has symptoms or has come in contact with someone with symptoms of COVID-19
- Deck chairs will not be be provided by PHCA, so members are encouraged to bring / use their own chairs at the tables
- Tables need to be properly cleaned by the family that used it. Cleaning products will be provided at each table.
- Playground will be closed until Phase 3 or the State allows playgrounds to open.
- Wall Ball will be prohibited until further notice.
- Adult swim hours are from 5am-7:30am. Only 6 people will be allowed in the pool at a time. 1 person per lane. A signed waiver is required to swim during these hours.
- Elderly (65+) and medically at-risk swimmers will have time from 8 am – 9:30 am to swim each day. A signed waiver and reservation are required to swim during this time slot.
- Upon arriving for your reserved swim time, you will use the main entrance. Please notice line marking and make sure to social distance your family units.
- Upon completion of your reserved swim time, members will exit the pool through the shelter door, and will walk along the outside of the tennis court fence to get back to the parking lot.
- Basketballs will not be provided for use on the basketball courts. However, basketball courts will be open. Members should bring their own basketball for use on the basketball courts.
- Tennis Courts are open for use. No more than 4 unrelated members are allowed on each court at a time. Multiple family members can use the same court. Please restrict usage to 1 hour at a time. If no one is waiting to use the courts, then continue to play until another group shows up. Children should not use the courts to play in unless they are playing tennis.
- Members are expected to practice social distancing. Parents are responsible for their own children. Life guards will not be enforcing social distance rules amount the members or their children.
- Lost and found items will not be kept at the pool. Any items left will be disposed of at the end of the day.
- Face masks are recommended for use when not in the water. Face masks are NOT to be used in the water.
- At this time the normal swim team season will not be happening. PHCA along with a couple of other pools are working on a smaller scale version of a swim team option for members. We will continue to keep you updated if this comes to fruition.
To ensure that all members have access to the pool, we are asking members to reserve time slots in advance for their family at the pool during Phase 2.
- The actual reservation link and calendar will be sent out to members to reserve time slots the weeks before we open but we do have the following information to provide at this time.
- Four time slots will be offered per day during Phase 2 (Monday – Sunday)
- Time slots are 10:00 am – 12:30 pm, 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm, 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- The pool area will be closed for 30 minutes between time slots to allow for cleaning the bathrooms and to allow for all members to gather their items, clean their table, and exit safely.
- We ask that each family reserve a total of 2 time slots per week in advance. Please limit weekend sign ups to 1 per week
- Same day sign ups will be permitted after 8 am each day, if there are slots available. Members will then be allowed to sign up for additional available time slots.
If you have already signed up for the pool in the past, all you will have to do to get your dues paid is log into your account! There you will see a red banner with a link to where you pay your membership dues.
- Membership dues are the same as last year for all membership types
- Dues should be paid by May 30, 2020
- If you have questions with navigating your online account to make your dues payments please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out this form: https://peacehavenpool.com/report-account-problems/
- Friendly Reminder: make sure each member in your household has a photo uploaded. This will be needed during the check-in process.
* Questions about Membership – Michael Ferrin – email@example.com* If a Family Member is missing from your Account – https://peacehavenpool.com/request-membership-change/
SWIM RESERVATIONS & TIME SLOTS
* Contact Kristin Schollander – firstname.lastname@example.org
ISSUES WITH ONLINE ACCOUNT
* If you have questions about your online account or to report an issue – Kristin Schollander – email@example.com
* For general inquiries or questions regarding email communication – Katie Moosbrugger – firstname.lastname@example.org
* Feedback Form for the Pool – https://peacehavenpool.com/contact/
* If you are not receiving pool email communication to a certain email address, please fill out this form. (We are aware some of you are having this issue and we are trying to get it resolved as quickly as possible) – https://forms.gle/rapoZ2HEahhCZ6NR9
CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS & PAYMENTS
* If you have questions about Credit Card Transactions or payments – Jason Ekstein – email@example.com
KNOW SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO JOIN THE POOL??
*Send them to this webpage to sign up online – https://peacehavenpool.com/membership/membership-information/